St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and catching a leprechaun will make it an even greater cause for celebration. If you catch a leprechaun, they will lead you to their pot of gold. Oh happy day!! The problem is that they are very clever so you need to know what you are doing.
Follow these step by step instructions to catch a real, live leprechaun:
- Set traps. See the video below for a scale model of the Best Leprechaun Trap Ever. Some say the trap should be decorated in green with shamrocks and rainbows. Others say they should camouflage into the background. Which ever way you go, no two should look alike.
- Bait your trap. Lucky Charms are the bate of choice among the most successful hunters. Rocks that are spray painted gold are a great way to trick a leprechaun into a trap.
- Look for leprechaun tracks and leave traps nearby. Leprechauns leave a trail of gold dust or glitter behind them so spotting glitter on the ground is a sure fire sign that these little hooligans are close.
- If you want to attract leprechauns, dress like one. Leprechaun costumes will make them think they are among their own kind. It the perfect way to trick them.
- If you are lucky enough to catch one, be sure that you don’t take your eyes off them for a second. Keep them in the trap and don’t let them out no matter how convincing their plea. Do not let them go until you have their pot of gold. Good luck. Happy hunting.
Get started early because Leprechaun hunting season ends on St. Patrick’s Day