If you want some of the luck of the Irish, follow one or all of our top 5 tips for Good Luck on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Bury a potato in your backyard. This tradition was started by Irish Americans to remind them of the potato famine and why they left Ireland. Burying the potato symbolizes burying the past and the possibility of regrowth.
- Put a four leaf clover in your pocket. The 4-leaf clover represents hope, faith, love and luck. The luckiest part of having one it finding it in the first place. There are only 1 in every 10,000. Still, its better odds than winning the Power Ball.
- Wear Green. This can be in the form of St. Patrick’s Day buttons, St. Patrick’s Day costumes and all fun stuff that comes in green or can be dyed green. Why? For starters, it is the official color of St. Patrick’s Day. Secondly, if you don’t wear green, tradition states that you can get pinched. Even if nothing particularly lucky happens, wearing green is a sure-fire way to avoid a purple nurple.
- Kiss the Blarney Stone. Kissing the Blarney stone endows the kisser with the gift of gab. Being a smooth talker will definitely bring you good fortune. If you can’t get to the real Blarney Stone, search for an Irish pub by the same name and kiss the bar.
- Get drunk. Better yet, get your date drunk. By doing so, you are bound to get luck.
Have a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day. We wish you good luck and good wishes.
May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.